Spring Break PCB 2015 is here! The fun is in full swing and unfortunately so are the laws being broken that lead to Spring Break arrests. Each year spring break brings college and high school students from all over the country to enjoy our sugar white sands on what is commonly known as “The World’s Most Beautiful Beaches!” While the sun, surf and sand are a major draw, many come for partying and lots of it.
Here are some tips for your Panama City Beach vacation:
- Panama City Beach has substantially increased the number of police officers walking on sand patrol this year. They are looking for underage drinking. According to a Panama City Beach city ordinance passed in October 2014, if you are drinking on the “sandy beach” you MUST have a valid ID with you at all times.
- Glass containers are strictly forbidden on the beach. Avoid a citation, leave the glass in your room.
- Florida has an open container law which makes it illegal to have an open alcoholic beverage anywhere in your car. Currently 39 states have similar laws, but our college friends from Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia or Wyoming may be unfamiliar with this law. Furthermore, in Florida, not only is it illegal to have the open container in the vehicle, it is also illegal to have an open container of alcohol within 50 feet of a public thoroughfare. This means you can be cited for walking along the road drinking a cold beer.
- Do not drink and drive. Take a taxi! Read our posts on what to do if you’re pulled over.
- For the month of March, all alcohol sales will end at 2am on Panama City Beach.
- Do not balcony climb. Balcony climbing is strictly prohibited by law and throughout the years several students have been killed attempting this.
- Do not tamper with any fire safety devices at your hotel or elsewhere. Tampering with these type devices can result in a felony arrest.
We’re here if you need us. Give The Morris Law Firm a call if you, your son or daughter, have been arrested on Panama City Beach during Spring Break. We’ll start with a free consultation to find out more about your situation. Feel free to call us 24 hours a day at (850) 257-5680. We realize you are looking for the best criminal defense attorney possible for your charges. We strive to provide our clients with the best legal defense through aggressive representation, personal attention and genuine concern for every client.