Dana Morris – Panama City Criminal Defense Attorney Profile
Attorney Dana Morris, of the Morris Law Firm, has been practicing law in Florida for over 17 years. After serving as a prosecutor for 11 years with the Attorney General’s Office in Pensacola and the State Attorney’s Offices in Panama City (Bay County) and Milton (Santa Rosa County), Dana Morris decided to turn his focus to criminal defense and establish his own practice as a criminal lawyer in Panama City, Florida. Today, he is proud to help people assert their rights and overcome difficult situations. He offers a free consultation to anyone in need of an attorney’s assistance in an effort to maximize your chances of achieving the best outcome possible.
As a Panama City criminal defense attorney, Dana Morris serves as a bridge builder between defendants and the criminal justice system. His prosecution experience means he knows how the state is likely to handle a particular charge. Subsequently he brings this knowledge to bear in helping his clients. He also maintains solid, respectful relationships with law enforcement, which works to the benefit of his clients. Too often, criminal defense lawyers in Panama City, FL, are unnecessarily combative, putting themselves and their clients in a negative light.
The majority of Dana’s cases are Florida felonies, but he also handles Panama City misdemeanor charges, especially for students and out-of-towner visitors who find themselves in trouble with the law while on spring break or vacation. He has experience as a juvenile prosecutor—and he’s a parent—so he has compassion for young offenders. Dana is also well-qualified to handle white collar criminal cases, having spent seven years prosecuting Medicaid Fraud for the Florida Attorney General in Pensacola, FL.
The Morris Law Firm Represents Clients Throughout Northwest Florida
Mr. Morris’ law firm is based in Panama City and regularly handles cases throughout Bay County (Panama City Beach, Lynn Haven, Callaway, Mexico Beach, Tyndall), Calhoun County (Blountstown, Altha), Franklin County (Apalachicola, Carrabelle, St. George Island), Gulf County (Port St. Joe, Cape San Blas, Wewahitchka), Holmes County (Bonifay, Ponce de Leon, Westville, Esto, Noma), Jackson County (Marianna, Grand Ridge, Graceville, Sneads, Greenwood), Walton County (Seaside, 30A, DeFuniak Springs, Freeport, Paxton) and Washington County (Chipley, Vernon, Wausau, Caryville, Ebro).
Dana earned his law degree from Cumberland School of Law at Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama. He was admitted to the Florida State Bar in 2000, and has since been a member of the Florida Bar Association.
Mr. Morris resides in Panama City, FL, where he is active in several civic and professional organizations with the desire to give back to the community.
- Samford University, Birmingham, AL, Cumberland School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2000
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, College of Social Science, B.S. Political Science, 1996
- Admitted to practice law in Florida
- Admitted to practice law in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Commissioner, Judicial Nominating Commission for the 14th Judicial Circuit of Florida, Appointed by Governor Rick Scott, October 2013
- Councilman, City of Gulf Breeze, Florida, August 2009 to March 2012
Civic and Professional Associations
- Florida State Bar, Member, 2000-Current
- Bay County Bar Association, Member
- Panama City Beach Rotary Club, Vice-President
- Rotary International, Assistant District Governor
- Bay County Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Panama City Beach Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Panhandle Strategic Alliance, Member
- Junior Achievement, Northwest Florida, Eastern Region, Board Member