Important Questions to Ask When Hiring a Panama City Criminal Defense Attorney
Facing criminal drug charges? Arrested for a DUI? Violated your probation? Need a criminal defense attorney in Panama City or the surrounding area?
We understand that hiring a criminal defense attorney is an important decision and can be a challenging process. We have listed some general questions to guide you in the process.
Some Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Criminal Defense Attorney in Panama City:
• Are you truly located in Panama City or the surrounding area?
• How long have you been practicing criminal law?
• How much of your practice is devoted to criminal law?
• Do you have experience as both a prosecutor and a defense attorney?
• Have you defended criminal cases like mine before?
• How many cases have you won and how many have settled with this type of matter?
• Are you able to anticipate the various strengths of the state’s argument? the weaknesses?
• How often will you be communicating with me about my case?
• Will the attorney I hire actually be the one handling my case?
• Will you accept payments in increments?
• What forms of payment do you accept? (check, credit card, etc.)
The questions above are only general suggestions. The answers you get to these questions should give you a good idea if the criminal defense attorney you’re talking to in Panama City is the one you should hire to best solve your legal problem.
At The Morris Law Firm, we will guide you through the legal process, doing everything we can to make sure one bad decision, or being in the wrong place at the wrong time, has as little effect as possible on your life and your future. Call our Panama City law office today at (850) 257-5680 for a free consultation.
In addition to Bay County, we represent clients in Washington County, Gulf County, Calhoun County and Jackson County.