Many of the best vacations are had right here on Panama City Beach, Florida! In fact, our beaches are often called “the World’s most beautiful beaches,” and this area is known as one of the top beach vacation destinations in the country. Tourists and locals, alike, enjoy eating at Captain Anderson’s, having great adventures at sea, cruising the strip, enjoying the clubs on Thomas Drive, shopping at Pier Park, sunbathing or having lots of fun by the pool.
But what if the spring break partying gets out of hand? What if alcohol, drugs or weapons are involved? Sometimes what starts as a great vacation can quickly turn into a nightmare and some spring breakers find themselves unfortunately charged with misdemeanor or felony charges. Spring break charges that we see often include:
- simple assault, simple battery
- aggravated assault, aggravated battery, battery with a firearm
- possession of a fake driver’s license or fake identification card
- indecent exposure
- drug charges ranging from possession to trafficking
- underage drinking or disorderly conduct
- possession of alcohol on the sandy beach during the month of March
- traffic offenses such as DUI, driving under the influence
Was your son or daughter arrested on a spring break trip to the beach? If so, you need a Panama City attorney to stay on top of things here locally in Panama City long after the vacation is over and everyone has returned home. Once hired, we will file all the necessary paperwork to keep you and/or your son or daughter from having to return to Bay County for court dates. Instead, we will be able to appear in front of the judge on your behalf. This will save both additional expense and trouble.
We can walk you through the entire legal process, starting with first appearance, leading to and including expungement if applicable.
- Within 24 hours of the arrest a first appearance takes place. In Bay County, the county that Panama City Beach is located in, the defendant will appear in front of a judge or a magistrate by live video feed. The prosecutor, an assistant state attorney, will be present. We recommend you hire a private attorney to represent you at first appearance to start fighting immediately for the best possible outcome in your case. Contact Attorney Dana Morris at (850) 257-5680 if you would like for him to represent you at your 1st appearance.
In Florida first appearances are held to:
- notify the defendant of the charges brought against him/her by law enforcement
- determine if there is probable cause for these charges
- set bond and the conditions of release, if there are any.
Talk to a Criminal Defense Lawyer Who’s Helped Others Just Like You
How do you choose a criminal defense firm to hire in Panama City? A good criminal lawyer will fight to protect your rights every step of the way. Attorney Dana Morris, a criminal defense attorney with The Morris Law Firm, will represent you or your loved one with your case starting at first appearance and proceeding throughout the entire process. Rest assured that he will be fighting for the best possible outcome. He has over 17 years of legal experience and has handled thousands of criminal cases including indecent exposure, resisting arrest, fleeing or eluding a police officer, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, and much more. Contact an experienced attorney. Contact Dana Morris at (850) 257-5680 for a free consultation in our office or over the phone.